October is VoIP month on SearchSMB.com. How much do you know about VoIP? Are you ready to implement it, or have you already done so? Here's a quiz to see how much you know about VoIP. Once you've taken the quiz, be sure to check out our IT Management Guide: VoIP for SMBs.
Test your VoIP knowledge, and find out what you need to know. Good luck!
This quiz originally appeared on SearchEnterpriseVoice.com.
How to take the quiz:
After reading the question, note your answers. When you're done, let us know how you did. (1-9) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Approved by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in 1996, this is a standard used for interoperability in audio, video and data transmissions as well as Voice over IP (VoIP).
2. POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) is also referred to as...
For questions 3-5 choose one of the following (a, b or c):
b. IP telephony
c. Voice and data convergence
3. This specifically refers to sending voice traffic over an IP (Internet Protocol) network.
4. This refers to sending both voice and data (such as LAN traffic) over a data network.
5. This refers to any "telephone" type service carried over IP.
6. This open standard initiates an interactive user session that involves multimedia elements such as video, voice, chat, gaming and virtual reality.
7. This is something that plagues VoIP and is also symptomatic of drinking too much coffee.
8. SIP works in which layer of the OSI model?
a. Layer 4 - the transport layer
b. Layer 2 - the data-link layer
c. Layer 7 - the application layer
9. Fill in the blank. Lack of appropriate ________ accounts for most VoIP deployment failures.
This was first published in October 2005