SearchCIO-Midmarket.com's e-books are comprehensive packages of news, tips and other resources focused on the latest information technology management issues facing CIOs, including salaries, business intelligence, data breaches and mobile technology. Each edition is published in an artfully designed PDF document. These e-book downloads are an exclusive benefit of your SearchCIO-Midmarket.com membership.
Centralize. Virtualize. Realize ROI.
- Capacity planning eases path to virtualization
- Consolidation via virtualization can offer quick ROI
- Four strategies for compliance in a virtualized data center
Access our virtualization e-book.
The 2008 Salary Survey Results
Our exclusive look at salaries for midmarket CIOs. Find out what's rising, what's flat and what compensation really looks like for information technology executives in the midmarket. Included in this e-book:
- Cautious optimism pervades midmarket
- What if you want a bigger raise?
- Exit strategies
- Future plans: Headhunters' advice
Download our salary survey e-book.
Striking Data Gold
The call for business intelligence grows louder as companies collect more and more data. We've drilled down to give you the latest strategies on using valuable business data that may already be sitting in storage. In this e-book:
- Defining the business advantage
- Rectifying data quality issues first
- Valuable data bubbles up at Korbel
- Data mining helps solve departmental problems
Download our business intelligence e-book.
As data loss from careless employees or thieves becomes ever more common, every organization should have a plan to notify its constituents if personal information is lost. Here's the latest on data breach-related legislation, how to create a data security plan and whether you, the CIO, should be in the public eye if the undesirable happens:
- The art of fessing up
- Bills for a federal breach notification law languish in Congress
- CIOs under fire and in front of the camera
Download our data breach e-book.
From laptops to smartphones, virtual private networks (VPNs) to Short Message Service, every midmarket business must manage a growing number of mobile technologies, many of them creeping over from the consumer sphere. Here's our roundup of the hottest issues and how CIOs are grappling with them:
- When the personal meets the professional
- Laptop theft easily preventable while on the road
- Hardball tactics required to manage non-email messaging
- VPNs offer more than secure remote access
- Smartphone envy creates chaos for CIOs
Download our mobile technolog e-book.
Like our PDFs? Our CIO Decisions Ezine is also published in this format.
This was first published in October 2009