The AS/400 -- formally renamed the "IBM iSeries," but still commonly known as AS/400 - is a midrange server designed for SMBs and departments in large enterprises and now redesigned so that it will work well in distributed networks with Web applications. There are a number of resources available to help you save time.
If your database goes down, your business is down. Check out these quick commands to get your database up and running in a snap.
|HTML and Web page|
Coding HTML can be time consuming and daunting. Mistakes are easy to make and hard to find. These cheat sheets offer a number of shortcuts to help you code quickly and successfully.
- A simple guide to HTML
- Web Monkey HTML cheat sheet
- Cheat sheet for creating links
- ASCII code
- Special characters
- "&" Commands
- XHTML cheat sheet
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) cheat sheet
If Ctrl+Alt+Delete is the only keyboard shortcut you know, then you definitely need to check out these keyboard cheat sheets.
- Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts
- Keyboard shortcuts for Windows
- Keyboard shortcuts for Word
- Keyboard shortcuts for Excel
- Keyboard shortcuts for PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook -- Keyboard shortcuts
- Alt+num combinations for Word -- sorted by task
Managing your email takes enough time from your day. Use these following resources to learn how to handle your email quickly and efficiently.
|Microsoft Word and Excel|
Whether it's copying and pasting or creating charts, these resources offer shortcuts and commands for two of the major Microsoft Office applications -- Word and Excel.
- Troubleshooting autoformat defaults
- Getting rid of that (*)#"@^ paperclip! -- Taming the Office Assistant
- Creating equations in Word
- Using the basics in Excel
Windows (Vista, XP, 2000, 98, NT, ME), Unix, Linux and Mac OS are just a few of the operating systems SMBs may use. Use these resources to learn ways to save time with your operating system.
- Cisco IOS Cheat Sheet
- Windows Vista cheat sheet
- DOS commands
- DOS to Linux cheat sheet
- Linux Cheat Sheet for Mac and Windows Programmers
- Rosetta Stone for Unix
- Treebeard's Unix cheat sheet
|Programming and scripting languages|
Haven't programmed since the days of FORTRAN? Don't worry, use these resources to get you up to date?
- Ruby script cheat sheet
- Python cheat sheet
- PHP cheat sheet
- PHP cheat sheet
- Erich's Java cheat sheet for C++ programmers
Search engines have become the go to place for looking for information. Don't waste time sorting through results you don't need or want. Use these commands and search techniques to find what you're looking for as quick as you can.
This was first published in September 2007