We're looking for a few good CIOs and IT pros!
Our SearchCIO-Midmarket.com IT Leadership Awards recognize the contributions and innovations of IT professionals within midmarket companies globally. We are looking for individuals who have excelled at leveraging technology to deliver value, achieve goals and resolve challenges while making contributions in the areas of business and IT alignment, green IT, technology advancement and cultural innovation.
Who in your company turns risks and challenges into opportunities? Do you know a CIO or other senior IT executive who:
- Leverages technology in new and exciting ways?
- Has crafted a strong culture of innovation to build new revenue streams?
- Engages the business in creative ways?
Finalists and winners in the following categories will be announced on SearchCIO-Midmarket.com in early 2012:
- Cultural Innovation Award: Given to a leader who made a positive impact on the company and/or industry's culture, who demonstrates exceptional citizenship and corporate leadership and who has made a significant contribution to his company or serves as an industry role model.
- Technological Advancement Award: Given to a leader whose technological advancement supported top line revenue or sustainable business value.
- Business Harmonization Award: Given to a leader whose initiative promoted business goals and automation efficiency, and who shows exceptional business savvy, the ability to increase revenue and maintain or improve customer satisfaction.
- Green IT Award: Given to a leader whose initiative promoted ecological and sustainable IT.
- Customer Experience/Integration: Given to a leader who has made strides in building customer relationships and enhancing the experience of the external customer.
- Outstanding Midmarket IT Leader of the Year Award: Given to a leader whose efforts signified an achievement on many levels, including several if not all of the above categories, and made a substantial business impact to a business or industry.
To be chosen, nominees will demonstrate that they are leaders in both information technology as well as business acumen within their organizations.
What's in it for you?
The SearchCIO-Midmarket.com IT Leadership Awards honor individuals as well as their companies or organizations. The winners of the Cultural Innovation, Technological Advancement, Business Harmonization, Green IT and Customer Experience/Integration awards will each receive a $150 American Express gift card as well as an engraved glass trophy. The recipient of the Outstanding Midmarket IT Leader of the Year Award will receive an iPad 2. Notable IT leaders will receive a certificate honoring their contributions, as well as VIP invitations to IT insider networking and leadership events throughout the country. We'll also publish CIO profiles and video podcasts featuring winners and recognized leaders.
And that's not all! If your nominated IT professional wins a CIO and IT Leader of 2012 Award, we'll send you a $25 American Express gift card.
Applications must be received by Dec 23.
How we use your information
The information you provide will be used during our judging process. Our editors will confirm the information for all award nominees. Application information will be used for editorial purposes only, and your contact information will never be shared or sold. Do you have information about your nominee that you would like us to consider while judging, but the information is proprietary and should not be published? Just make note of that in the provided text box within the application.
Each application will be read by three members of the CIO and IT Leader of 2012 Award judging panel (see right) as well as SearchCIO-Midmarket.com editors. Our three judges will rate each validated application and apply a score based on a scale of 1-10. They will award prizes for each of the five categories as well as the Outstanding Midmarket IT Leader of the Year. All scores will remain confidential and will not be released publicly, nor will they be discussed with individual applicants. Applications will be confirmed with vetted nominees. At that time, they will have an opportunity to correct or add information to their nominations before their applications proceed to the judging round.
How to write a winning application
We want to know all the ways your nominee is a cut above the rest in terms of IT leadership, creativity, working with vital business teams, supporting business goals and objectives and promoting an ecologically sound initiative. And we love numbers! The more specific information you provide, including numbers/data that measures the outcome of a particular problem or solution, the more your nomination will stand out to our panel of judges. Please note that nominated entries should detail the CIO or IT leader's work started, completed or in progress in 2011. Projects or initiatives that were completed before 2011 will not be considered.
Nominees who are part of a company with more than 1,000 employees or fewer than 100 employees will not be considered for this award. Additionally, the SearchCIO-Midmarket.com IT Leadership Awards exclude those IT professionals who are part of a technology provider or vendor organization.
One nomination per company will be considered by our panel. Nominators may submit only one entry.
This was first published in November 2011